Monday, February 13, 2012

Construction Paper Valentines (Week 37 of Fireflies at Dusk: A 52-Week Journey)





This week my little on and I made construction paper valentines....

One of the best things about early elementary school were Friday afternoons.  When the teachers knew all of us kids had mentally checked out for the weekend, they'd let us do seasonal art projects to celebrate whatever holiday was around the corner.  Before getting started with the scissors and glue, I always loved taking a moment to enjoy the scent of construction paper coming from the fiber and the dye.  I also loved running my small hands over the texture.  Years have passed and the work of life has made my fingers calloused so I can't feel the subtle texture of the paper quite the way I used to, but it was still nice to enjoy this simple piece of my Gen X childhood memory.  It was fun to watch my little one enjoying what I used to enjoy and to watch her small hands - busy and embracing the moment. 





 ________________________________________________________________________________
(c) 2012 photography and writing by Chloe Koffas - all rights reserved