Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Would be the Symbol of Your Gen X Childhood? (Week 15 of Fireflies at Dusk: A 52-Week Project)





Mine would be a pinwheel.

I remember standing in my front yard as a three-year-old holding my pinwheel up to catch a passing breeze on warm summer evenings while my parents were doing yard work....








This week, in our neck of the woods, summer decided to leave us and fall decided to set in.  Just before the sun started hiding behind the clouds for the upcoming months, we caught its rays on the metallic surface.  As the last of the warm breezes came into our backyard, my little girl and I watched them spin in silver and blue.  







Time passes all too soon.  We must catch it and live this moment
while we can,
 any way we can.




 
 
_______________________________________________________
For Jill 
 
 
 
(c) 2011 photos and writing by Chloe - all rights reserved